REGISTRATION OPEN: Succeeding at Tax Deeding Webinar
Succeeding at Tax Deeding Webinar
12:00 noon – 1:00 pm, Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Did you know that after two years from the execution of a tax lien, the tax collector must by law (subject to a few exceptions) deed to the municipality all properties on which full redemption has not been made?
Learn more from this jam-packed webinar that every tax collector, city and town administrator, municipal legal counsel, and municipal official needs to know about tax deeding property.
Join attorneys Rick Sager and Weston Sager who will provide an overview of the entire tax deeding process and will address frequent tax deeding issues, such as:
- considerations before a municipality takes a property
- the municipality’s obligations after taking title
- the rights of the former owners and lienholders
- calculating what the municipality is entitled to retain in a tax deed sale
- different methods for selling tax deeded properties (including sealed bids and auctions)
- post-sale distribution of excess proceeds (including interpleader actions in superior court).
Rick and Weston practice real estate law and municipal law at Sager & Smith, PLLC in Ossipee, NH. They are also licensed auctioneers and co-owners of NH Tax Deed & Property Auctions—a municipal real estate auction company that includes legal support with its auction services.