NHMA attorneys are available to travel upon request to NHMA member municipalities for on demand training sessions. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- The Basic Law of Budgeting
- Conflicts of Interest and Ethics for Local Officials
- Charter Government in New Hampshire
- Effective Public Meetings
- Discrimination Issues in the Workplace
- Employment Law Overview
- Everything You Wanted to Know about FMLA and FLSA But Were Afraid to Ask
- ZBA Decision Making Process
- Planning Board Roles and Responsibilities
- The Recreation Commission
- New Hampshire's Right-to-Know Law: RSA 91-A
- Public Meetings
- Governmental Records
- Right-to-Know Law for Law Enforcement
- A Hard Road to Travel: The Intersection of Land Use and Road Law
- A Hard Road to Travel: Road Formation, Classification & Discontinuance
- Roads: Liability, Regulation & Maintenance
- Tax Deeding Workshop
- Select Board and Town Manager: Roles, Responsibilities & Relationships
- Select Board's Roles, Responsibilities & Relationships with Other Officials
- The Art of Welfare Administration
- Workshop for City and Town Councilors, Mayors and Aldermen
- Getting to Know Library Statutes
Finance-related On Demands, presented by NHMA's Government Finance Advisor, are also available and include:
- Default Budget Calculations-Putting the Law into Practice
- Changing from a Calendar Year to a Fiscal Year- What are the Options?
- Accounting and the Revolving Fund- Best Practices
- Tying the Capital Improvement Plan to a Long-Term Funding Strategy
- How to Measure and Analyze the Fiscal Capacity of Your Municipality
- The Financial Tools and Best Practices of Budget Development
Each presentation is approximately 2 hours in length. There is a $550.00 fee regardless of the number of attendees. (Member municipalities paying annual dues in excess of $15,000 are entitled to one free On Demand presentation per calendar year; subsequent presentations are subject to the $550.00 fee.) The municipality requesting a presentation will be billed and is responsible to NHMA for full payment. However, we encourage the requesting municipality to invite officials and employees from surrounding NHMA-member municipalities and to negotiate a cost-sharing arrangement with those other municipalities.
Virtual On Demand!
We also offer a virtual On Demand option via the Teams or Zoom platform. Attendees can participate from the comfort of their home or office and ask live questions. The cost for a virtual On Demand is $400.00.
How to Schedule an On Demand
To request a presentation, please complete the fillable On-Demand form below and email it to email@example.com. Please specify your municipality, the subject, and the general dates and time you desire for the presentation. Presentations may be during the day or in the evening, but specific dates are subject to NHMA staff availability. It is also helpful to provide additional information about the intended audience and specific areas of concern so we can better prepare our presentation to meet your expectations.
(Please note the following black out dates: Month of September for the Basic Law of Budgeting presentation and the entire month of November for all On Demands.)