Maintenance Aide I- Water/Sewer
Are you a self-motivated and reliable individual who enjoys working outdoors? If so- apply today for the City of Keene’s Maintenance Aide I position in the Water and Sewer Division of our Public Works Department!
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs manual labor and special maintenance work in connection with maintenance, construction, and repair work and projects on the City’s water and wastewater infrastructure.
• Operates, services, and makes field adjustments to power tools and mechanized equipment such as chain saws, jackhammers, power lawn mowers, snow blowers, weed trimmers and other equipment.
• Occasionally may operate equipment such as skid steer, Vac Con, etc. to assist Water and Sewer crew.
• Perform snow and ice control such as shoveling, use of snow blowers, operating one-ton pickup with plow, spreading of salt and sand etc.
• Vegetation control including mowing and pruning.
• Paint water and sewer infrastructure components.
• Maintain state certification through participation in appropriate trainings and workshops.
Note: This position is subject to recall and standby duty during non-regular working hours, weekends and holidays. In addition, if holding a commercial driver’s license (CDL), this position would be subject to federal CDL drug and alcohol requirements. Position should be able to respond within 60 minutes (depending on weather conditions) to staff the worksite.
Pay and Benefits:
During the 6-month probationary period, the pay range for this position is $15.70- $17.15 per hour. Upon successful completion of the probationary period, this position will move to the regular pay schedule which consists of pay steps and hourly rates ranging from $17.18- $20.15 per hour, depending on experience.
Are you used to spending a considerable amount of money on insurance? YOU WON’T HERE! The City of Keene offers low-deductible/low-cost health insurance, low-cost dental insurance, and other benefits such as life, disability, defined benefit retirement, paid time off including vacation days, personal days and sick days and more!
High school diploma or GED; plus, one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid driver’s license is required, and a CDL with tank endorsement and air brakes is desired, but not required! Grade I NH Water Distribution License and Grade I Wastewater Collection Certificate are also both desired.
Apply online: https:/keenenh.gov/jobs. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until an adequate pool of candidates is received.
Job Description: Maintenance Aide I- Water Sewer
The City of Keene is an Equal Opportunity Employer.