The Town of New Hampton, New Hampshire (pop. 2,194) is accepting applications for the full-time exempt position of Fire Chief/Emergency Management Director/Forest Fire Warden.
New Hampton is centrally located in the Lakes Region area of New Hampshire. The Town is governed by a three-member Board of Selectmen, with a Town Administrator. The Fire Department is located at 26 Intervale Drive.
In addition to the Fire Chief’s position, the Department is comprised of a Deputy Fire Chief and 17 call/part time employees. Apparatus includes 3 Engines, 1 Rescue Boat, 1 Polaris Ranger ATV, 1 Forestry Truck, 1 All Hazards Trailer and 2 ALS licensed ambulances. In 2019 the Fire Department responded to 573 emergency calls, 587 public assists. The 2020 budget for the Fire/EMS/Emergency Management Departments is approximately $420K.
The Chief performs a wide range of functions such as EMS, fire suppression, fire prevention -inspections, training and administrative duties. This multifaceted position allows the Chief to operate as a full-time employee of the department while also working administratively. The successful applicant will enhance, promote and support the New Hampton Fire Department with an outlook to the future needs of the community. This position requires a strong management background with an emphasis on policy, training, current needs of the Department, and future needs of the Town.
Minimum requirements include the following.
· Seven (7) years of supervisory duties (equivalent to Fire Captain or higher).
· Associates Degree in Fire Science or related field required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred).
· Successfully complete a medical evaluation.
· Completed current CPAT testing with the State of New Hampshire.
· Valid NH Driver’s License - CDL B required with tank/air brake endorsement (without record of suspension or revocation).
· State of NH Certified Firefighter I & II required.
· State of NH Certified Fire Officer II with NH Fire Instructor I
· State of NH Certified Fire Inspector I (Level II preferred).
· Nationally registered Emergency Medical Technician and State of New Hampshire ambulance license required.
· Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to carry out the duties required.
· Preference to have, or demonstrate a willingness to establish, residency in Town. Out of Town residency must be within a reasonable response time, to be determined by the Town Board of Selectmen.
· Starting salary range $60,500 to $67,600 and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Town of New Hampton provides a generous benefits package.
Please mail, email, or hand-deliver completed applications, resume and professional & personal references by 1600, Tuesday July 21, 2020 to:
Neil Irvine, Town Administrator
Town of New Hampton (Fire Chief Posting)
6 Pinnacle Hill Road
A job description can be obtained by contacting the Town Office at 603-744-3559
The Town reserves the right to extend the posting period if necessary.
New Hampton is an EEO employer.