Waterfront Construction Manager
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/50536F23CE
JOB SUMMARY: Performs responsible managerial and administrative work associated with the coordination of municipal facility, earthwork & utility construction projects. Plan, develop, and oversee the completion of assigned repair, renovation and new construction projects to include coordinating and managing the overall planning, design, procurement, construction and activation of small, medium, and/or large projects, as assigned.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. $36.23 to $52.47 per hour. Position is open until filled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position. The listed examples may not include all duties found in this class):
1. Serves as clerk-of-the-works for both public and private redevelopment of the waterfront. As such, schedules, initiates and manages all efforts necessary to complete assigned waterfront related construction projects.
2. Confers with assigned committee(s), staff, consultants, contractors and others to determine required scope of work and priority for facility related projects.
3. Performs or directs performance of site condition, roadways, public utilities, structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP), and/or other studies and assessments, as necessary, in order to analyze conditions, identify deficiencies and recommend corrective measures. This includes the public and private improvements proposed.
4. Develops estimates of project cost, including design, construction and all other related expenses. Reviews those provided by the private developer.
5. Manages project budgets, initiates purchase orders, tracks project expenses against budget, manages project contingency, identify and resolve problems in financial records and contractor payments; prepares and presents construction project need and budgets for inclusion in Capital Improvements Plan and/or annual operating budget.
6. Assists with preparation of specifications to meet project needs and ensure compliance with applicable building codes and construction standards; Assembles specifications and general conditions into coordinated bid package, as required.
7. Works with Purchasing Agent to prepare and issue requests for qualifications, proposals, request for quotes, and/or bid requests; review results and awards contracts. Works with both Purchasing Agent and General Legal Counsel on all contract related items.
8. Directs the monitoring of job sites and enforce maintenance of a clean and safe work environment.
9. Directs the observation of tests and verification of work required by the contract documents. Record and report results, as required.
10. Coordinates project closeout documentation and ensures proper project closeout protocols are followed and closeout documents are archived for future use, which will require use of field GPS to track and formulate final As-Built Conditions
11. Ensures transfer of installed building systems information necessary for ongoing facility maintenance.
12. Manages project warranties for duration of warranty period.
13. Keeps assigned committee(s) and/or other recipients of services advised of project progress. Coordinate with contractors throughout the project to ensure project status reports are updated and project is completed on time and within budget.
14. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, other departments and agencies, and the general public.
15. Familiar with and executes safe work procedures associated with assigned work.
16. Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Thorough knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in site development, building system installation and general facility construction. Considerable knowledge of hazards and safety requirements common to construction field. Ability to organize, coordinate and monitor the work of others. Ability to establish and maintain good customer, contractor and other department relationships. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare reports and maintain records. Sufficient physical strength, conditioning and agility to perform work under adverse and varying weather and climatic conditions. Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer). Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and remain organized. Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering or a closely-related field and ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in facilities project management; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must maintain valid motor vehicle operator license.