Truck Driver/Equipment Operator - Water Utilities
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator
The Town of Milford Water Utilities Department (WUD) has a vacant position available for a Truck Driver/Equipment Operator position. This is a full time (40/hrs/wk) union position that reports primarily to the Water Foreman, or as directed by the Operations Foreman or Collection Systems Foreman.
Duties: Performs skilled operation of heavy equipment for Water Utility Department construction, maintenance and repairs on water and sewer systems. This individual will assist with various water distribution and sewer collection system tasks. Also assists with water and wastewater treatment tasks.
Equipment includes, but not limited to: Backhoe, front-end loader, dump truck, air compressor, jack hammer, motor vehicles, hand and power tools, confined space equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of heavy construction equipment and pipe installation
- Valid NH Class B License w/airbrakes, or ability to obtain within specified period.
- Grade 1 Distribution & Collection System certification or ability to obtain same within specified period.
- One year of experience in mechanical or trades work or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
This position is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) non-exempt position within the Town’s compensation structure. The starting range for this position is dependent on qualifications and experience. This is a union position and comes with a full Town benefits package and NHRS retirement. A Town application and complete job description are available on the Town’s web page at www.milford.nh.gov.
Applicant packets consisting of a cover letter, a completed Town application and resume can be submitted on-line at https://milfordnh.applicantpro.com or by forwarding the documents to:
By mail: Milford Water Utilities, 564 Nashua Street, Milford, NH 03055
By email: Kevin Stetson, Director email@example.com
Position remains open until filled. Interviews will be on-going.
The Town of Milford is an EEOE