Truck Driver-Equipment Operator
The Water Utilities Department has a vacant position available for a Truck Driver/Equipment Operator position. This is a full time (40/hrs/wk) union position that reports primarily to the Collections System Foreman, Operations Foreman or as directed by Water Utilities Director.
Duties: Performs skilled tasks involving a variety of maintenance, construction, snow removal and repair activities within the Water Utilities Department (i.e., collection system, wastewater facility and the water treatment/distribution operations).
Equipment includes, but not limited to: backhoe, front-end loader, dump truck, high pressure sewer jet, air compressor, jack hammers, motor vehicles, chain saws, asphalt saw, mowers, cement mixer, snow blower, atmospheric testing equipment, confined space retrieval system, hand and power tools, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of heavy construction equipment and pipe installation.
- Valid NH Class B License w/airbrakes, or ability to obtain within specified period.
- Grade I Collection System certification, or ability to obtain same within specified time period.
- One year of experience in mechanical or trades work or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
This position is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) non-exempt position within the Town's compensation structure. This is a union position and comes with a full Town benefits package and NHRS retirement. A Town application and complete job description are available on the Town's web page at www.milford.nh.gov.
A completed Town application and resume can be submitted on-line at https://milfordnh.applicantpro.com or by forwarding the documents to:
By mail: Milford Water Utilities, 564 Nashua Street, Milford, NH 03055
By email: Jim Pouliot, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be on-going throughout the recruitment process.
The Town of Milford is an EEOE