The Town of Deerfield is seeking a full-time, salaried Road Agent. This is a senior management position reporting to the Board of Selectmen and Town Administrator. Duties may include, but are not limited to supervising staff at Highway Department, coordinating and participating in projects involving the construction, maintenance, and repair of town roads and culverts, snow removal, tree and brush removal and/or related issues; oversight and management of daily operations and supervision of staff at the Transfer Station and other public project needs in support of various Town departments. Successful candidate will be expected to be an active participant in all Highway and Transfer Station activities; willing to step into an active role in any task necessary for the completion of a project or activity.
The Road Agent is responsible for the town road maintenance, creating an annual plan. It is also the Road Agent’s responsibility to oversee all operations that pertain to the roads within the town of Deerfield all year long. Must have the ability to become diversified and adapt scheduling changes to accommodate adverse weather conditions.
· Requires HS diploma and the combination of formal education and experience related to the occupational field of highway maintenance and repair to perform the essential duties of this position.
· 7 to 10 years of experience in the management and operations of roads, snow removal, and
administration; experience including supervisory, capital planning, and budgetary; or any
equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Comprehensive technical and practical knowledge of the materials, methods, and techniques
relative to highway projects, snow/ice removal, and other highway/road issues.
· Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations relating to road projects, including design
selection, contract bidding, award of contract, management, and safety requirements.
· Solid Waste Principal Operator Certification, Step 2, or obtain certification within 90 days of hire.
· Possession of a valid CDL-B license.
· Familiar with current engineering methods for highway maintenance and repair.
· Ability to read and follow state and local laws, rules, regulation, and policies & procedures.
· Administrative ability, including documentation and budget preparation.
Compensation package includes generous benefit package and salary commensurate with experience. Residency in the Town of Deerfield is not required. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Road Agent Search, Town of Deerfield, PO Box 159, Deerfield, NH 03037.
Position open until filled.
The Town of Deerfield is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: Commensurate with experience