Police Social Worker
The City of Keene’s Police Department is looking for a compassionate individual to work as a Police Social Worker to assist citizens in crisis to the maximum extent possible by providing follow-ups, referral services, and care coordination to those suffering from substance abuse disorders, mental health issues, and co-occurring issues!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Acts as a liaison with community resources, assists in the coordination of rehabilitation and support functions, and assists finding and maintaining mental health treatment options, substance abuse services, and education and support to those in need as well as their families.
• Helps maximize the client’s choice, self-determination and decision-making in the planning and delivery of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services.
• Facilitates appointments between clients in need and community organizations that can provide appropriate assistance.
• Has extensive knowledge of the local social service agencies and other support systems available to the public in Keene and surrounding communities.
• Monitors criminal and non-criminal incidents and investigations conducted by Police including but not limited to drug overdoses, suicide attempts, death investigations and domestic disturbances, in order to refer the involved parties to appropriate assistance.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other social science related degree. A Master’s degree and three years of experience in this type of work is preferred!
• Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to deliver information in an easy to understand and professional manner. Must be able to successfully interact with a wide variety of individuals, both in writing and verbally.
• A valid driver’s license.
Salary and Benefits include:
• This full-time position offers a salary range of $62,274- $77,604.
Are you used to spending a considerable amount of money on insurance? YOU WON’T HERE! The City of Keene offers low deductible/low-cost health insurance, low-cost dental insurance, and other benefits such as life, disability, defined benefit retirement, paid time off including vacation days, personal days, and sick days and more!
Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your application. Confirmation that your application has been successfully submitted and received will be sent via email. This position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
To apply: https://KeeneNH.gov/jobs
Job Description: Police Social Worker
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.