Land Use Clerk
POSITION: Land Use Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Planning and Land Use
HOURS WORKED: Full-Time: Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
SALARY: $17.28hr- $21.43hr DOQ/DOE
Position is responsible for the data management and administrative functions of the Land Use Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Land Use Clerk/ Sewer Department Clerk:
- Secretary to the Planning Board, Conservation Commission , Board of Selectmen, Budget Committee and Zoning Board of Adjustment:
1. Prepares meeting agendas.
2. Prepares for and attends monthly meetings
3. Records and transcribes meeting minutes
4. Processes applications to include, certified mailings, newspaper postings, invoices and public postings.
5. Prepares information for The Boards for review 10 days prior to meetings.
6. Research for Boards: i.e., property history and court rulings as applicable.
7. Records decisions, plans and other pertinent documents to the Strafford County Registry of Deeds (SCROD).
8. Creates and maintains files for proceedings.
9. Assists the public with questions regarding zoning and land use.
10. Assists with creating annual budget to present to the Board of Selectmen (BOS).
11. Assists the Town Planner with research, clerical work, proofreading, and preparing documents to be presented to the Planning Board and Board of Selectmen.
12. Assists Town Planner with Economic Development by providing research, clerical work, proof reading, and preparing documents to provide to Boards as needed.
13. Processes development bonds as directed by the Planning Board.
- Code Enforcement/Health Inspector/Building Dept secretary:
1. Assists public and contractors with applications for building permits and those associated with building.
2. Intakes and processes applications for the Code Enforcement Officer (CEO).
3. Maintains Avitar building permit database.
4. Assists CEO with complaints, cease and desist orders and other orders as applicable.
5. Assists with creating annual budget to present to BOS.
- Sewer Department Secretary
1. Maintains Avitar database of customers for use by Town Clerk/Tax Collector.
2. Files and releases liens with the SCROD.
3. Responsible for collecting past due sewer fees prior to June 2011.
4. Processes reminder notices to past due customers.
1. Maintains Town website. Posts agenda’s, meeting minutes and notices for various departments, Boards and Civic Organizations in Milton.
2. Provides backup assistance to Assessing Clerk.
3. Assists customers at counter, via email, and phone.
4. Provides assistance to the Town Administrator and other Department Heads as needed.
5. Any other duties as directed by Town Administrator or Board of Selectmen.
6. Processes driveway permit applications and release of bonds for the Public Works Department.
7. Prepares deposits for the General Fund and Police Fund and maintains excel spreadsheets
Preferred Experience and Training:
1-3 years of office administration work experience
Proficient use of computers and Microsoft Office suite and any other software necessary for job
Use of standard business machines.
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Recruiting practices shall be consistent with State and Federal Law (10/12/2021)