Industrial Pre-Treatment Coordinator
This position is responsible for coordinating the industrial pretreatment program for the Water Reclamation Division of the Department of Public Works and serves as the designated back-up operator for the Water Reclamation Facility in the Superintendent’s absence.
- Designated back up operator for facility in Superintendent’s absence.
- Administers, modifies and manages the town’s industrial pretreatment program in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Assists in the development, revision and enforcement of the Sewer Use Ordinance and the inter-municipal agreement.
- Administers and modifies the fats, oils and grease program.
- Performs inspections; issues notices of violations.
- Writes, administers, and enforces Industrial Discharge Permits for industrial uses and food establishments.
- Reviews self-monitoring reports and evaluates data.
- Prepares and submits required federal and state reports.
- Maintains the industrial user database.
- Manages the industrial pretreatment program budget.
- Applies user rates as needed for permitting and user strength classification system.
- Renews and administers the Multi-Sector General Permit; submits notice of intent to renew; implements and revises the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan; performs related monitoring and inspections; maintains records.
- Supervises laboratory operations; schedules and develops laboratory programs; reviews and validates laboratory data; prepares forms; schedules maintenance; manages laboratory budget; ensures compliance with regulations.
- Schedules and performs sampling for Sludge Quality Control certification; inputs sampling data; submits reports; maintains records.
- Renews and administers the NPDES permit; submits notice of intent to renew; ensures compliance with relevant regulations; reviews data.
- Purchases quality assurance quality control samples; schedules analyses; reports results to provider; completes required reports.
- Maintains the hazardous waste room in a safe and orderly fashion; ensures compliance with regulations; makes hazardous waste determinations; ensures the proper labeling of containers; tracks universal wastes and schedules shipments.
- Coordinates Whole Effluent Toxicity testing; schedules bottle orders and pickup; reviews reports for compliance.
- Reviews processes control data and makes process control decisions; recommends major process control changes; calculates desired process control rates.
- Operates and maintains pump stations.
- Participates in the on call reclamation facility rotation duty for afterhours and weekends.
- Performs related duties.
Please visit our website for complete details and to apply.