Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver
JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs responsible work as part of the Highway crew or independently.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports directly to the Highway Superintendent or the Highway Foreman.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates all of the department’s equipment as directed.
2. Winter storm maintenance, plows snow and removes ice.
3. Performs routine repairs and maintenance on all town-owned streets and bridges.
4. Performs manual labor and heaving lifting.
5. Performs routine maintenance and repairs on department equipment.
6. Installs and maintains culverts and drains.
7. Constructs roads and bridges.
8. Operates power and hand tools.
9. Attends training to keep current on modern construction and maintenance technology and safety practices.
10. Practices safety for self and others.
11. Performs any other tasks of the department as directed.
12. Available for call-out to meet emergencies (pager).
13. Maintains effective relations with the public and co-workers.
- Front-end Loader/Plow & Wing
- Motor Grader
- Dump Truck/Front & Wing Plows
- Salt & Sand Spreader
- Sidewalk Plow/Blower
- Other heavy equipment as needed
- Two-way Radio
- Light Motor Vehicles
- Hand and Power Tools
Inside: 10% of the time
Outside: 90% of the time
PHYSICAL EXERTION AND OTHER CONDITIONS: Ability to perform strenuous physical work under varying and adverse weather conditions.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid N.H. Drivers License
QUALIFICATIONS: GED or high school diploma.
OTHER TRAINING, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of one year experience in vehicle and equipment maintenance and operation; any combination of education and experience demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities; will train.
The incumbent will be subject to drug and alcohol testing requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation, including pre-employment and random testing.
Includes medical and dental insurance, 13 paid holidays, life insurance, paid time off, and a 4-day summer workweek.
Salary Range $20.36 - $22.11 an hour