DPW 05-24 Multi-Road Construction
All Bids shall be received in a sealed envelope clearly identified with the Bidder’s name and marked on the outside “Town of Amherst Bid # DPW05-24, Multi-Road Construction - 2024”; and be received at the Town Administrator’s Office within the Amherst Town Offices, 2 Main Street, Amherst, New Hampshire on or before 12:00 PM on Wednesday, March 6, 2024. Shortly thereafter, Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Any Bid received shall be irrevocable for a period of sixty (60) calendar days. Following a review of the Bids by the Public Works Department, a recommendation will be made to the Board of Selectmen as to the award of contract on or about March 18, 2024.
The work may include resurfacing, reconstruction, and excavation work as required by the Town of Amherst. The work may include the following road segments: Chestnut Hill Rd., Fellows Farm Rd., Wolfe Ln., Deerwood Dr., Melendy Hollow, Old Mont Vernon Rd., Holt Rd., Newbury Dr., Hemlock Hill Rd., Storybrook Ln., Eaton Rd., Old Milford Rd., Baboosic Lake Town Beach parking lot, as well as other roads as directed by the Town. The Town reserves the right to remove or replace roads in the program as needs arise, or to cease work on the project in the event that all dedicated monies have been expended. Approximately $1.6M of work will need to be accomplished in FY2025. All work shall be done in accordance with the contract documents and specifications prepared by the Town of Amherst, New Hampshire.
Prospective Bidders are advised that a mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on Friday, February 23, 2024, in the 2nd floor meeting room of Town Hall, situated at 2 Main Street, Amherst, New Hampshire.
The Town of Amherst recognizes the Scope of Work to be performed under this Contract is extensive. As part of the bidding selection process, the town may require (from the top three selections) a summary of work obligations and equipment resources to assure substantial completion and completion of work dates can realistically be met.
- Construction funding is available, and a start date is assumed to be available on or about July 1, 2024.
- The Town desires work to be completed by late October 2024. However, substantial Completion of all work started in calendar year 2024, shall be achieved not later than November 15, 2024; and substantial completion of all work started in calendar year 2025, shall be achieved not later than June 15, 2025.
- Final Completion of all Contract Work shall be achieved not later than June 27, 2025.
Failure on the part of the Contractor to comply with any of these critical dates shall result in the assessment of Liquidated Damages in the amount of $ 500.00 for each calendar day of delay.
As specified in the Contract Documents and Technical Specifications for this project:
- Each Bid shall be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount of 5% of the Total Base Bid Price.
- The successful Bidder shall: deliver executed Performance & Payment Bonds; deliver required insurance certificates; and execute the Contract Agreement within ten days of receipt of Notice of Award.
- A complete set of the Contract Documents shall be used in preparing Bids; neither the Town of Amherst nor its supporting engineers assumes any responsibility for errors or misinterpretation from the use of the Contract Documents.
The Town of Amherst and its supporting engineers, in making copies of the Contract Documents available on the above terms, do so only for the purpose of obtaining Bids for the Work. Copies of the Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations on or after February 7, 2024:
Department of Public Works, 22 Dodge Road, Amherst NH 03031
Town of Amherst Website: https://www.amherstnh.gov/public-works/news/bid-opportunities
Construction Summary of NH: http://www.constructionsummary.com/
Associated General Contractors of NH: https://agcnh.org
NH Municipal Association: https://www.nhmunicipal.org/classifieds
Commencing on February 7, 2024, copies of the Contract Documents may be obtained from the Town of Amherst in person at Amherst Public Works Department, 22 Dodge Road, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7AM and 3PM. A non-refundable deposit of fifty dollars ($50.00) will be required for each copy of the Contract Documents requested. Contract documents will be available online at https://www.amherstnh.gov/public-works/news/bid-opportunities. No RFP documents will be mailed.
The Town of Amherst intends to award the Work to the Contractor who is the most reasonable and responsible low Bidder; however, the Town reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Bids, to waive any informalities related to those Bids received, and/or modify the Scope of Work if it deems one or more of those actions to be the best interest of the Town of Amherst.
All Contractors must be listed on the NHDOT ‘Prequalified Contractor’s List’ with a classification of road construction to be considered. No bidder may withdraw a Bid within sixty (60) days after the actual date of the opening thereof.