Code Enforcement Officer II, LP&HH
The City of Nashua is looking for a highly driven individual to join our Community Development Division in the Code Enforcement Department! Take your career to the next level with us as opportunities for growth and development await!
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Code Enforcement Department Manager, the Code Enforcement Officer II LP&HH is responsible for recognizing potential lead paint hazards; refers residential property owners to the Lead Paint & Healthy Homes program and staff for resources to remediate any lead paint hazards; inspects sites, buildings and premises as needed or in response to complaints; enforces compliance with all ordinances and codes; prepares violation notices and assists with the prosecution of cases; may be required to work flexible hours to meet operational requirements.. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4 pm, is part of the UAW Clerical & Technical Unit, and provides an excellent work life balance. The position is grade 12, with a wage dependent upon experience. This position is grant funded and subject to renewal.
- Associate’s degree in Paralegal, Fire Science, Criminal Justice or Construction plus a minimum of three years relevant work experience
- Experience with or knowledge of municipal law, ordinances and codes pertaining to building, housing, zoning and lead hazards
- Knowledge of residential financing, real estate development, media and communication expertise
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Bilingual/bicultural skills a plus
- A combination of equivalent education and experience will be considered
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Mandatory Participation in NH Retirement System
- 457 Retirement
- Earned Time Off
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking to start or further your career with the City of Nashua, submit an application, resume, and three professional references at: http://applitrack.com/nashua/onlineapp/.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Recruiting practices shall be consistent with State and Federal Law (10/10/2023)