Town of Tamworth, New Hampshire
84 Main Street
Tamworth, NH 03886
(603) 323-7525 X 14
Position Title: Assessing Clerk/Administrative Assistant
Classification: Hourly – Non -Exempt
Hours per Week: 24 hours per week
Pay Grade: $20-22/hour based on experience
The Assessing Clerk/Administrative Assistant oversees all daily assessing work. This position also supports the Town Administrator in coordinating the daily operations of the Office of the Select Board. This is an ideal position for a person that can work independently, is an accurate and efficient multi-tasker, enjoys working with the public, and is a team player. The Assessing Clerk/Administrative Assistant works under the supervision of the Town Administrator. This position will include part-time paid time off benefits.
As Assessing Clerk – Approximately 75% of the position
Supports the Town Assessor by:
· Meeting and greeting all visitors and callers, assisting with addressing a wide range of property related inquiries in a warm and collegial manner.
· Maintaining assessing data base (Avitar), entering property sales/change of ownership data, address changes, and updating all deeds and property card files as needed.
· Processing & managing all follow up on all NH State forms, including:
i. Charitable organization forms
ii. Tax Exempt & Credit forms
iii. Intents to Cut & Excavate
iv. Tax abatement applications
v. Sewer application approvals
As Administrative Assistant – Approximately 25% of the position
Support Town Administrator by:
· Assisting with day to day operations of the Town Office, providing administrative support to the Town Administrator and the Select Board.
· Meeting and greeting all visitors and callers, assisting with a wide range of town related inquiries.
· Filling in for the Town Administrator in their absence, including managing Select Board meetings and minute taking.
· Composing correspondence, copying, filing and collating documents.
· Managing production of Annual Town report
· Managing office supplies, and running errands as needed.
Supports Planning Board
· Interfacing with Tax Map provider
· Filing forms & maps with State of New Hampshire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Excellent organization skills, and ability to prioritize.
· Ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, & Outlook.
· Skills in use of computers, telephone, copier, and other office machines
· Ability (or willingness to learn) to read tax maps and assessment cards
· Skills in secretarial and clerical functions
· Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with officials, department heads, employees, the business community, and the general public.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Associate Degree, or equivalent, plus three years’ experience or education in an office environment, preferably a municipality or any equivalent combination of experience and education which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skill, and abilities.
For complete details and to apply, please visit our website.