2022 Town Sweeping Program
The Town of Sunapee (Town), New Hampshire is accepting Bid Proposals for their annual sweeping program.
PROJECT LOCATIONS: Town wide.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS: The contractor selected for this work will be responsible for furnishing the necessary equipment and labor that is capable of mechanically sweeping and/or vacuuming Town roads with the intent of removing silt, sediment, and miscellaneous debris from them in the village areas of Sunapee and George’s Mills. The Highway Department will provide assistance with sweeping silt and sediment from the Town’s rights-of-way and into the roadway prior to the contractor beginning work on the project for the contractor to sweep up or vacuum. The Highway Department will provide a location for the contractor to obtain water as needed and will provide specific locations for the contractor to dump all materials that are removed from the roadways.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: The following information shall be provided with each contractor’s proposal in order to be considered for the project:
1. The contractor shall provide the name of his/her company, the company’s mailing address, the name of the individual that will be responsible for overseeing the completion of the project, the telephone and cell phone number of the individual that will oversee the project, and e-mail addresses for all project contacts and/or persons directly in charge of the project.
2. The contractor shall provide one all-inclusive hourly rate (to include all associated equipment and labor costs) to sweep and vacuum silt, sediment, and miscellaneous debris from the Town’s roads.
3. The contractor shall provide one all-inclusive daily rate (to include all associated equipment and labor costs) for up to 10-hours per day to sweep and vacuum silt, sediment, and miscellaneous debris from the Town’s roads on Monday through Thursday during the week.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & PROJECT REQUIREMENTS:
1. No pre-bid meeting will be conducted for this project. However, contractors are encouraged to visit the Town of Sunapee’s website and go to the Assessing Department’s webpage to view the Town’s GIS Map. The GIS map has all of the Town’s roads on them. The Highway Department will determine which roads and parking lots shall be cleaned for the project.
2. There are approximately 17 miles of roads in the village area of Sunapee and George’s Mills. The project shall be completed between beginning on or about the last week of April and be completed on or about the third week of May 2022, and is anticipated to take approximately two weeks.
3. The contractor is required to carry a minimum of one million dollars ($1,000,000) of insurance coverage throughout the duration of the project. The Town shall be named as additionally insured on the contractor’s insurance certificate.
4. The contractor shall sign and date his/her proposal. By doing so, he/she acknowledges that they have the equipment and labor that is capable and qualified to provide the services for the completion of the project, and that they can complete the services within the specified time frame.
5. Proposals must be mailed or hand delivered to the Town Offices, Attn: Highway Director, 23 Edgemont Road Sunapee, NH 03782. All proposals must be sealed in an envelope clearly marked “2018 ROADWAY CLEANING”, and they must be received by 1:00 p.m. September 23, 2022.
6. A public bid opening will be conducted at 1:30PM on September 23, 2022, in the meeting room that is located down stairs in the Town Offices. At that time, all proposals will be opened and read aloud by the Highway Director and the Highway Foreman to anyone who wishes to attend the bid opening.
7. The Town will review all bid proposals following the public bid opening.
8. The Town reserves the right to select the proposal that is determined to be in its best interest.
9. Any proposal that is not submitted in accordance with the requirements of this Request for Proposal may be disqualified by the Town Manager.
10. The Town reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals, either in whole or in part; to waive any defects, informalities, and/or minor irregularities in proposal responses.
11. Any questions should be directed to Scott A. Hazelton, Highway Director, in writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions must be received on or before September 21, 2022. Response to questions will be provided in writing to all bidders via e-mail on or before September 22, 2022