2021/2022 Winter Sand
The Town of Sunapee (Town), New Hampshire is accepting Bid Proposals for its winter sand for the 2021/2022 winter season.
PROJECT LOCATION: Winter sand is located at the Town Highway Garage, Route 11 Sunapee, New Hampshire 03782.
PROJECT REQUIREMENTS: The contractor selected for this work will be responsible for manufacturing, supplying and delivering winter sand to the Sunapee Highway Department beginning on or about October 4, 2021 and continuing through on or about April 15, 2022 with the following conditions:
1. The successful bidder will deliver approximately 4,000 tons +/- of screened bankrun sand or a manufactured crushed ledge/sand product to the Sunapee Highway Department during the above listed time period.
2. The winter sand gradation requirements for screened bankrun sand or a crushed manufactured sand shall meet the following material gradation and be tested by an accredited material testing laboratory:
Sieve Size Percent Passing
(Percent passing #200 may be increased with prior approval from Highway Director)
3. Contractors shall provide the cost per ton for winter sand delivered to the Highway Department.
4. Contractors may at their option provide a per cubic yard price for winter sand. However, the actual weight of the winter sand shall be verified by an accredited materials testing laboratory and provided with the Bid Proposal for conversion to cost per ton.
5. The contractor shall provide a material test result (gradation/sieve analysis) from an accredited laboratory showing that the winter sand meets the required winter sand gradation requirements.
6. Delivery shall occur during the Sunapee Highway Garage’s normal business hours which are 7:00AM to 3:30PM Monday through Friday.
7. Delivery shall include all excavation equipment (at the contractor’s gravel pit and/or rock quarry), dump trucks or haul trucks, diesel fuel, labor, and all else necessary to load and/or deliver the material to the Sunapee Highway Garage.
8. The Highway Department may provide an employee on site during the delivery period to verify that the material visually conforms to the winter sand gradation requirements.
9. The Town may at its option ask the contractor to retest the material at any time to confirm that the material continues to meet the required gradation. Retests will be at the contractor’s expense.
10. The contractor will be notified by the Highway Director or his designee at least 3 business days prior to the required date(s) of delivery.
11. The contactor shall provide a delivery weight slip measured in tons, or the measured quantity in cubic yards for each truck (the water struck volume for each truck) that conducts a delivery during the entire delivery period.
12. No frozen chunks of sand shall be delivered to or accepted by the Highway Department under this contract. Any material delivered not meeting the gradation listed below shall be removed and replaced by the contractor at the contactor’s expense.
1. The contractor shall provide an all-inclusive per ton cost or per cubic yard cost to deliver 4000 tons of winter sand to the Sunapee Highway Garage. The contractor understands that the 4000 ton volume is based on the average annual usage by the Highway Department and that the volume may vary based on the quantity and/or types of winter weather events that occur during the 2021/2022 winter season.
2. Contractor shall provide the approximate number of trucks that they have available for this project, and that will be used to deliver winter sand to the Highway Garage.
3. The contractor shall provide the name of his/her company, the company’s mailing address, the name of the individual that will be responsible for overseeing the project, and the telephone and/or cell phone number of the individual that will be in charge of the project.
4. The contractor shall sign and date his/her proposal. By doing so, he/she acknowledges that they have the vehicles and equipment and qualified personnel that are capable of providing the services for the completion of the project, and that they can complete the services within the specified time frame.
5. No pre-bid meeting will be conducted for this project. Contractors are encouraged to visit the Highway Garage to familiarize themselves with the challenges of delivering the winter sand.
6. The contractor is required to carry a minimum of one million dollars ($1,000,000) of insurance coverage throughout the duration of the project. The Town shall be named as additionally insured on the contractor’s insurance certificate.
7. Proposals must be mailed or hand delivered to the Town Offices, Attn: Highway Director, 23 Edgemont Road Sunapee, NH 03782. All proposals must be sealed in an envelope clearly marked “Winter Sand”, and they must be received by 1:00 p.m. September 27, 2021.
8. Any questions should be directed to Scott A. Hazelton, Highway Director, in writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions must be received on or before September 23, 2021. Response to questions will be provided in writing to all bidders via e-mail on or before September 24, 2020.
9. A public bid opening will be conducted at 1:15PM on September 27, 2021, in the meeting room that is located downstairs in the Town Offices. Social distancing and facial masks shall be required for all attendees. At that time, all proposals will be opened and read aloud by the Highway Director and assisted by the Highway Foreman to anyone who wishes to attend the bid opening.
10. The Town will review all bid proposals following the public bid opening.
11. The Town reserves the right to select the proposal that is determined to be in its best interest.
12. Any proposal that is not submitted in accordance with the requirements of this Request for Proposal may be disqualified by the Town Manager.
13. The Town reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals, either in whole or in part; to waive any defects, informalities, and/or minor irregularities in proposal responses