Zoning Compliance Officer
The Town of Epsom is seeking applicants for a Zoning Compliance Officer position. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the interpreting and enforcement of site plan and subdivision regulations, sign and zoning ordinances, and flood plain regulations.
· Review applications and issue building permits and certificates of occupancy and maintain all necessary files.
· Review applications and issue hawkers and peddlers permits and maintain all necessary files.
· Review setbacks and zoning compliance and perform onsite inspections. Issue violation notices and cease and desist orders.
· Review the erection of all signs in accordance with the zoning regulations.
· Meet with Land Use Boards, as needed, to provide guidance and interpretation.
· Maintain knowledge of new legislation and relay that information to applicable Boards. Assist Planning and Zoning Boards in the clarification and rewriting of ordinances.
· Attend classes offered by the State and Federal Government related to the office of Zoning Compliance.
· Assist Fire Inspector to ensure application of NFPA 101 Life Safety Codes.
· Ensure developers working in a floodplain file the proper permits with FEMA.
· Prepare and administer Department budget.
· Participate in the education of the public in understanding and complying with the Town’s land use regulations.
· Prepare violations of Town and State ordinance cases for District Court and cooperate with Town Council in legal proceedings including testifying in Court.
· Provide own vehicle for transportation to site visits.
Five (5) years of direct experience on a managerial or supervisory level in a directly related field (engineering, construction management, etc.) or broad supervision of all aspects of construction ranging from single family to commercial / industrial uses and experience in business or municipal governmental operations preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
This position is 20-30 hours per week, with salary to commensurate with experience.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and three (3) references to
email@example.com or PO Box 10 Epsom, NH 03234.
The deadline to apply is July 15, 2020.