Window Clerk - Full Time - Immediate
POSITION: WINDOW CLERK – Full Time (40 HRS/WK)
TAX OFFICE – IMMEDIATE OPENING
WAGE RANGE: $16.83 – 24.12 per hour
The Window Clerk is a front line customer service position (COVID Protocols are in place). The Window Clerk shall be knowledgeable of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment. Applicants shall have the ability to understand and follow moderately complex instructions and make minor decisions in accordance with departmental policy. The Window Clerk must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, and the general public. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Process customer motor vehicle transactions through the State’s motor vehicle computer system.
- Attend to front counter services, including receiving incoming phone calls.
- Calculate amounts due and collect multiple forms of payment. Enter collected payments into the Town’s financial software daily.
- Balance daily collections for deposit preparation.
- Process daily incoming mail, perform necessary filing duties, and type completed forms. Maintain accurate records and reports of transactions.
(This list should not be construed to imply that these duties are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as needed.)
- NH Municipal Agent Credentials (or completion of training within first 45 days).
- High School Diploma or GED with two years of experience in an office setting required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and have the ability to learn additional software programs with a general understanding of information technology;
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written);
- Adaptability and professionalism;
- Basic math skills
Please obtain the required application online at https://www.bedfordnh.org/230/Employment-Opportunities or in person at the Town Office.
Completed applications, resume and cover letter may be submitted to email@example.com (preferred) or mail or deliver to:
Bedford Town Offices
Human Resources Department
24 North Amherst Road
Bedford, NH 03110
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate Need. Posted until August 1, 2021 or until filled.