Welfare Director (Part-time)
The Town of Plymouth is urgently seeking a qualified individual to be the Town’s next Welfare Director. The Welfare Director performs highly responsible and confidential work administering the General Assistance Program. This is a part-time, 20 hour per week, hourly position.
The Welfare Director is accountable to the Town Manager and is responsible for administering all functions of the Town of Plymouth’s General Assistance program to include: interviewing clients; investigating, and verifying application information to determine eligibility; maintaining accurate and detailed case files, being knowledgeable of, and assisting clients in accessing other services such as DHHS Cash Assistance, Food Stamps, WIC, and local assistance programs; keeping current on relevant State of NH legislation and/or Federal programs The successful candidate must possess strong attention to detail, the ability to interact pleasantly with the general public and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. The full job description is available online at: https://www.plymouth-nh.org/employment/
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Public Administration or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred; 3 – 5 years of experience in social services, welfare administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant state statutes and local welfare guidelines, familiarity with state/ federal financial assistance programs and local area social services.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally; ability to interpret and apply governmental regulations and statutes.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills; ability to work independently; basic math and budgeting skills; proficient with varied computer software and applications to include Microsoft Office.
- Valid drivers’ license required.
Wage Range: $19 - $23 per hour depending on qualifications. Accruals for vacation and holiday time are pro-rated. This position does not include health or dental benefits.
Interested applicants are to submit their confidential cover letter and resume, without delay, to Anne Abear, Finance Director, Town of Plymouth, 6 Post Office Square, Plymouth, NH 03264 Applications may also be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Interviews may begin upon initial receipt of resumes and the position will remain open until filled.
The Town of Plymouth is an equal opportunity employer.