Transfer Station Foreman (Part-time)
The Town of Chester, NH prides itself on its clean and efficient Transfer Station. We are in need of an enthusiastic individual who cares about the environment enough to ensure that trash and recycling materials are properly handled. Recycling is mandatory in the Town of Chester, and materials are expected to be pre-sorted and brought to our Transfer Station for placement into labelled areas. The Foreman must have the ability to meet the following requirements:
- · Assist residents and Transfer Station attendants in the proper handling of their trash and recyclables.
- · Manage a small staff of part-time attendants.
- · Ensure Transfer Station is operated in accordance with State and local requirements.
- · Be in possession of, or be willing to obtain immediately, the NH DES - Certified Principal Operator Certification.
- · Collect data, maintain all operational records, and produce reports for regulatory authorities and the Town as needed.
- · Produce and manage a ~$200k annual budget.
- · Identify and liaise with garbage and recyclable materials haulers.
- · Be able to multi-task in a busy environment where traffic may be constant and people are unloading materials to bring to various locations.
- · Be able to lift up to 50 lbs., to handle materials efficiently, and to move quickly if needed.
- · Be dependable, reliable, and timely.
- · Have a valid Driver’s License.
- · Be willing to clean and manage trash and recycling areas so that they are kept neat and tidy.
- · Learn about recycling materials and what is acceptable and not acceptable and the rules of the Chester Transfer Station.
This is a part-time position, between 15-25 hours per week as needed, $18.15/hour to start.
Please send letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer Station Foreman Position
Town Administrator’s Office
Town of Chester
84 Chester Street
Chester, NH 03036
The Town of Chester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.