Town Clerk/Tax Collector Office Assistant Clerk (Part-time)
The Town of Chester is accepting applications for an Assistant Clerk position. This position will primarily consist of customer service, clerical, and administrative support for the Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office. This includes but is not limited to: regular dealings with the public for motor vehicle & boat registration, dog licensing, and point-of-sale transactions. This position requires an understanding of and ability to follow all applicable state laws, rules, and regulations that dictate the operation of the Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office.
PRIMARY DUTIES: (does not include all duties performed in this position)
- Serving the public in multiple ways by telephone, email, and in person with a professional, friendly, & helpful demeanor
- Providing guidance and information to customers regarding their transactions including directing customers to other town departments depending on their needs
- Processing motor vehicle and boat transactions
- Issuing and processing dog licenses
- Collecting and recording town departments’ deposits
- Preparing and mailing notices
- Filing documentation daily
- Opening and closing procedures as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Strong and consistent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure from the public & maintain a pleasant attitude
- Basic knowledge of general office equipment such as computer, copier, calculator, etc.
- Must have basic computer and accounting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively – verbal and written
- Attend all required trainings & obtain certification as NH Municipal Agent
- Ability to maintain confidential & sensitive information
- Maintain working relationships with staff, town officials, and general public
- Ability to work cooperatively in a small office environment
- Positive & optimistic attitude is a must
Applications are available on the town’s website at www.chesternh.org. All candidates must have a High School diploma or equivalent and have some documented office experience. Pay to be determined based on experience. Ideal candidates will reside in the Town of Chester, but this is not required.
Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Please direct general questions to the Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office at 887-3636 x108 or JCelentano@ChesterNH.org.
Town Clerk/Tax Collector Office Assistant Clerk Position
Attn: Justine Celentano
Town of Chester
84 Chester Street
Chester, NH 03036
The Town of Chester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.