Separate sealed BIDS for the construction of: East Shore Road Reconstruction will be received by the Town of Swanzey at the Swanzey Town Hall until 4:00 PM (Local Time) on April 15, 2020. Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud at the Swanzey Town Hall. The work includes:
· 3 cross culverts (12” – 15” diameter)
· Closed drainage and underdrain
· 2,600 LF of road reconstruction
· 2,600 LF of ditching and embankment stabilization
1. Completion time for the project will be 60 days for substantial completion and 90 days for final completion from the date specified on the "Notice to Proceed". Liquidated damages shall be in the amount of $500.00 for each calendar day beyond the date established for Substantial Completion and $250.00 for each calendar day beyond the date established for Final Completion.
2. Bid security is to accompany bid proposals and shall be 10% of the total bid price.
3. The successful bidder must furnish 100% Performance and Payment Bonds and will be required to execute the Contract Agreement.
4. The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to accept any bid, to waive any informality on bids received, and to take any action that it may deem to be in the best interest of the Owner.
5. No Bidder may withdraw a Bid within 60 days after the actual date of opening thereof.
6. There will be a pre-bid meeting (non-mandatory) for all prospective bidders held at Whitcomb Hall, 17 Main Street, on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 9:00 AM
7. Inquiries as to availability of Contract Documents and technical questions regarding the plans and specifications shall be directed to Underwood Engineers, Inc. at 603-436-6192.
The CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be examined at the following locations:
Ø Underwood Engineers, Inc. - 25 Vaughan Mall, Portsmouth, NH 03801-4012
Ø Swanzey Town Office, 620 Old Homestead Hwy, Swanzey, NH 03446
Ø Construction Summary of NH – 734 Chestnut St., Manchester, NH 03104
Ø Dodge Data & Analytics - 34 Crosby Drive, Suite 201, Bedford, MA 01730
Ø Associated General Contractors, 48 Grandview Road, Bow, NH 03304
Neither the Owner nor the Engineer will be responsible for full or partial sets of Contract Documents
Digital copies of the Contract Documents may be obtained from Underwood Engineers, Inc. by email request to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Partial sets will not be distributed. Paper copies will not be furnished. General Contractors must be a registered plan holder with Underwood Engineers to submit a qualified bid proposal.