Public Works Director
Seeking applicants for a full-time Public Works Director. Responsible for managing Department employees; planning and administering public works and capital improvement projects; and directing the functions and operations of the divisions: Highway (to include Facility & Fleet Maintenance), Parks, Recreation & Cemetery and Recycling & Transfer. Works closely with all town departments, vendors, government officials at all levels, citizens, businesses, and others. Works with a complex legal framework including Town Charter, ordinances, policies and state and federal laws and regulations. Provides support to the Town Administrator and Town Council as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Valid driver’s license. NH commercial driver’s license (CDL-A or B) preferred
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management or public administration.
- Seven to ten years experience public works management or engineering administration and operations
- Five years experience in street or highway construction and maintenance to include knowledge of NH public highways statutes preferred
- Any equivalent combination of above education, experience, and/or license(s) which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Full-time salary exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package to include NHRS pension, Town 100% premium paid: life & disability insurance, medical insurance (2 of 3 options - opt out $5,000 stipend), dental (1 of 3 options). Town issued cell phone and vehicle for commuting & departmental operations.
Work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm. Additional hours for meetings and other assignments when needed or required. Work location: 210 West River Rd., Hooksett, NH.
Please submit completed Town application, resume and cover letter to: Town of Hooksett Attn: Town Administrator André L. Garron, 35 Main Street, Hooksett, NH 03106 via US Postal mail or hand delivery or via e-mail to email@example.com .
A detailed job description and application are available via www.hooksett.org or at Town Hall Administration Dept.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.