Public Access Television Station Coordinator (Part-time)
Chester Public Access Television (PACT) is looking for a part-time Station Coordinator. The person will work in the Town of Chester NH and maximize and maintain the Public Access channels for Government, Public and Education broadcast on the Comcast cable system; as well as, the Video-On-Demand and Live stream system. The position is part-time and will cover no more than 20 hours per week. There are no benefits.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Recruiting, Training, and delegating responsibilities to volunteers.
2. Maintain schedule for Government, Public, and Education channels.
3. Maintain PACT Web page and Facebook page.
4. Effective Management of equipment and studio facility insuring all who wish to have access are permitted access
5. Maintain access to studio
6. Post community activities for coverage
7. Ensure coverage for key events, such as: Town Fair, Town Meeting, public hearings, etc.
8. Set up MPR or other locations for multi-Camera shoots/broadcasts
9. Monitor and maintain signals of all 3 Channels
10. Maintain equipment
11. Keep and maintain log of wiring of all PACT facilities
12. Keep an active inventory of equipment, its use, location, and functions
13. Maintain digital storage of programming and a database
14. Convert VHS Tapes to Digital format as directed by PACT committee
15. Establish and maintain the policies and procedures of Chester Public Access Television
16. Advise PACT of financial or other needs that arise.
17. Maintain the Policies and Procedures established by PACT
18. Act as an advisor and/or mentor to Chester Academy students.
1. Technical knowledge of video production, to include but not limited to:
c. Production of internal shows
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs as well as Cablecast systems and TriCaster systems.
3. Agrees to follow the Town of Chester Personnel Policies and PACT Policies and Procedures.
4. Effective communication skills, to include but not limited to: Chester PACT committee; Chester Board of Selectman; Chester School Board and its liaison; other town members as needs arise
5. Understanding that hours of this position will require non-standard working hours
6. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear; operate objects, tools, or controls; pick up paper, files, books, weighing up to 10 pounds, and other common office objects.
7. Ability to view computer screens and work with details for extended periods of time.
8. Ability to operate a keyboard/mouse, video cameras, and related equipment.
Send RESUME and COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Mail to:
84 Chester Street
Chester, NH 03036
Attn Robert Grimm, PACT Chair
Chester PACT is an EOE