Police Officer and School Resource Officer Positions
The Allenstown, NH Police Department is seeking a hardworking and intelligent individual to join our team and be involved in a family-friendly, progressive and community-oriented police department. Candidates should possess good writing and oral communication skills, like to work with people to solve community problems, be a highly motivated self-starter, be willing to learn, and be a strong team player.
The Department is looking for an individual that can provide the highest quality of safety services, while maintaining the utmost degree of courtesy and professionalism, assuring fair and equal treatment for all. Schedule rotates to cover 24 hours, weekends, and holidays.
School Resource Officer
The Allenstown Police Department has a full-time opening for a School Resource Officer that will serve the town’s newly built K-8 school during the school year and work for the PD during the times the school is not in session. Applicants must be full-time certified and have at least three years patrol experience or currently serve as an SRO.
CERTIFIED OFFICERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus for NH Certified Officers –
- 10 paid holidays and time and a half pay when working the holiday
- Vacation, Sick, and Personal Leave
- A Salary Range between $54,912 - $75,941
- Insurance: The core program includes family health and dental insurance, a short - and long-term disability program, and a term life insurance policy paid for by the Town.
- New Hampshire's State Retirement System. Employees may defer additional salary through payroll deduction for investment program managed by Nationwide.
The hiring process consists of:
- Physical Ability Screen
- Oral Board Interview
- Medical/Psychological Screen
- Drug Screen
- Polygraph Interview
- Thorough Background Check
- Unquestionable Integrity
- Valid Driver's License
- US Citizenship (PSTC Requirement)
- High School Diploma or GED
- 21 years old at time of appointment
Resume and cover letter should be submitted with an application which can be found at www.allenstownnh.gov or picked up at 40 Allenstown Rd, Allenstown NH.
Position will remain open until filled.