Painting of Town Hall
BID DUE DATE: August 22, 2019
- General Information: The Selectmen’s Office of the Town of Sandown, New Hampshire will receive sealed bid responses at its office at the Sandown Town Hall 320 Main Street, PO Box 1756, Sandown, NH up until the close of business on August 22, 2019. Sealed bids must be submitted bearing the name of the bidder, bid due date and bid title. Mistakes may be crossed out and corrections inserted adjacent thereto and must be initialed in ink by the person signing the bid. Bids are to be verified before submission as they cannot be corrected or altered or signed after bids are reviewed.
If you downloaded this Request for Proposal from the Town of Sandown’s website, www.sandown.us, it is your responsibility to check back on the website for any addenda that may have been issued, prior to the bid/proposal due date (or you may contact the Selectmen’s Office at 603-887-3646).
- Acceptance of Bids: The Board of Selectmen shall accept all bids up to the time specified for receipt of bids in the Public Notice. All bids will be date stamped by the Selectmen’s Office. Any late bids will be rejected. A bidder may correct, modify, or withdraw a bid by written notice received in the Selectmen’s Office before the time and date set for the bid opening.
- Bid Openings: Bids shall be delivered to the Selectmen’s Office for the Town of Sandown. Each bid shall bear the description of the bid and will be reviewed by the Board of Selectmen at their next scheduled meeting. The Board of Selectmen may authorize a designee to review the bids
- Bid Corrections: After the bid review, the bidder may not amend, correct, modify, or change in any fashion a bid which would be contradictory to the interests of the Town of Sandown or fair competition. The Board of Selectmen may waive minor informalities as long as the intent of the bid is not disturbed.
- Bid Award: Bids meeting the specifications shall be reviewed by the Board of Selectmen and others as needed. A recommendation shall be made to the Board of Selectmen for approval. The Board of Selectmen shall award the contract to the successful bidder and be responsible for preparing Notice of Bid Awards and submitting same to the successful bidder as well as all other bidd
- Contractor Qualifications: To be determined responsible, a prospective contractor must:
Have adequate financial resources to perform the contract, or the ability to obtain them
Be able to comply with the required or proposed delivery or performance schedules
Have a satisfactory performance record
Have a proven record of integrity and business ethics
Have the necessary organization, experience, technical skills, and support staff, or the ability to obtain them
Have the necessary production, construction and repair equipment and parts required to fulfill the contract requirements
Provide at least three (3) business references including name, address and telephone number
Provide proof of insurance with bid proposal and to name the Town of Sandown as a certificate holder during the term of the contract
- Payment Terms: 50% due upon acceptance of the proposal, 50% due upon completion of the project.
- Inspection – All items furnished shall be subject to the inspection of the Town, and unsuitable items may be rejected. Defective items shall be made good by the vendor in a manner satisfactory to the Town.
The Town of Sandown, NH is seeking sealed bids for painting the Sandown Town Hall.
Bid shall include all labor and materials as follows:
Scraping, sanding, power washing and caulking all surfaces. All loose and peeling paint shall be scraped, and all holes and seams shall be caulked.
Priming all surfaces with an appropriate base primer.
Final painting of all sides including window trim and doors with two (2) coats of the appropriate paint to match the surfacing being painted.
Town of Sandown
Lynne Blaisdell, Town Administrator
320 Main Street, PO Box 1756, Sandown, NH 03873
(603) 887-3646 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide proof of current liability insurance with the Bid.
Please mark each bid envelope clearly with: “2019 Town Hall Painting”
All bids must be received at the Board of Selectmen’s Office by no later than Thursday, August 22, 2019 by 3:30pm. Mail all sealed bids to “Board of Selectmen, PO Box 1756, Sandown, NH 03873”.
Bids will be opened and read aloud at the August 26, 2019 meeting of the Board of Selectmen.
No bidder may withdraw a Bid within 7 days of the actual date of bid opening.
A conditional or qualified Bid will not be accepted.
The Town of Sandown reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
INSURANCE REQUIRMENTS FOR CONTRACTORS (WITH CONSTRUCTION RISKS)
Contractor shall procure and maintain for the duration of the contract insurance against claims for injuries to person or damages to property which may arise from or in connection with the performance of work hereunder by the Contractor, his agents, representatives, employees or subcontractors.
Contractor shall provide to the Town a statement showing certificates of insurance, identifying the Town as co-insured, no less than 10 days after the signing of the contract. Contractor shall notify the Town within 5 days in the event of loss or change in coverage or conditions or amounts of coverage. Each policy of insurance must be issued by a financially secure insurer, duly licensed to do business in the State of New Hampshire and is reasonably acceptable to the Town.
Minimum Limits of Insurance
Contractor shall maintain limits no less than:
Liability insurance for bodily injury in the amount of $1,000,000 per person, per occurrence.
Property Damage of at least $50,000 per occurrence
Errors and Omissions Insurance with a $1,000,000 combined single limit
Automobile insurance written with a Comprehensive Form including coverage for owned, hired and non-owned vehicles. The limit for any one accident will be $1,000,000.
Worker’s Compensation as required by the State of New Hampshire.
Additional requirement if hazardous materials involved:
Contractor’s Pollution Liability in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 policy aggregate
Any deductibles or self-insured retentions must be declared to and approved by the Entity. At the option of the Entity, either: the insurer shall reduce or eliminate such deductibles or self-insured retentions as respects the Entity, its officers, officials, employees and volunteers; or the Contractor shall provide a financial guarantee satisfactory to the Entity guaranteeing payment of losses and related investigations, claim administration, and defense expenses.
The Worker’s Compensation policy shall be endorsed with a waiver of subrogation in favor of the Entity for all work performed by the contractor, its employees, agents, and subcontractors.
Contractor shall require and verify that all subcontractors maintain insurance meeting all requirements stated herein.
For further information, please contact the Sandown Selectmen’s Office at (603) 887-3646.