Office Manager- Public Works
The City of Keene is seeking an enthusiastic administrative professional to join our Public Works Department team as a full-time Office Manager! If you have excellent customer service and organizational skills, and enjoy keeping busy with a variety of tasks, then this is the job for you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for development, management and overseeing the department’s administrative functions; management of communications, permits, files, records and communication systems including various social media platforms! Also responsible for human resource support, clerical and reception activities.
• Manage the Public Works Director’s schedule, correspondence and communications. Also provide recommendations to the Director on administrative functions and activities.
• Responsible to maintain in-depth knowledge of departmental functions, City and department regulations and procedures relating to administrative activities (payroll, claims reporting, safety incident reporting) and ensuring the department is in conformance.
• Position has access to and processes confidential employee and other information and communications so confidentiality is a must!
• Responsible for the supervision of administrative position(s).
• Associate’s Degree in office management/administration or related field, plus 1-3 years’ office administration or management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background in customer service is desired!
• Proficient using word processing software (mail merge, tables, printing of labels/envelopes), as well as in the use of spreadsheet software (advance document formatting, charts). Familiarity with presentation software, Windows environment, social media platforms and Publisher, PowerPoint and cloud applications.
• A valid driver’s license and a valid Notary Public Certification or the ability to acquire one within 6 months of employment!
• Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
Pay Range and Benefits include:
• This position offers a pay range of $26.00- $32.40 per hour.
Are you used to spending a considerable amount of money on insurance? YOU WON’T HERE! The City of Keene offers low-deductible/low-cost health insurance, low-cost dental insurance and other benefits such as life, disability, defined benefit retirement, paid time off including vacation days, personal days and sick days and more!
Come to Keene and settle in! Our community leads based on its values including environmental sustainability, health, wellness, and locally-sourced food and products. We are the hub of environment, business, industry, culture, higher education and recreation for the Monadnock Region and have been voted #7 in “America’s Ten Fittest Small Towns”, by The Active Times. Residents and visitors enjoy Keene’s walkable historic downtown, 27 miles of trails, and 16 City parks and our daytime population is nearly double with regional residents entering Keene to work, shop, eat, play and learn!
Apply today! Please upload your resume and a cover letter before submitting your completed application. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, July 10th at midnight.
To apply: https://KeeneNH.gov/jobs.
Job Description: Office Manager
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.