The Library Director is responsible for all aspects of library functions and administration, and maintains a friendly, welcoming atmosphere, serves as chief information resource, community liaison, and assumes a wide variety of duties as assigned by the Board and in accordance with Library policies, state and federal rules and regulations.
DUTIES include, but not limited to:
- accountable for all daily operations
- long and short-term planning
- policy recommendations and implementation
- budget development and control
- community development and programming
- collection development and maintenance
- statistical tracking and reporting
- management of staff members and volunteers
- professional development
- facility management
- Bachelor's degree (MLS from an ALA accredited program preferred).
- Three years of progressively responsible administrative experience, (knowledge of public library services, operations, and collections preferred)
- Successful budgetary planning and fiscal management (demonstrated fundraising and grant writing skills preferred)
- Program and events planning experience (library programming experience preferred)
- Understanding of technology and social media (knowledge of applications such as Atrium, Google Docs and website design through Wordpress, and specific to the delivery of library services preferred)
- Computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office and QuickBooks preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Successful completion of a background check
POSITION HOURS AND SALARY:
Non-exempt/hourly; 30 hours per week; $16.25/hour
Send resume to: Effingham Public Library, 30 Town House Road, Effingham NH 03882 or Effinghamlibrary@gmail.com.