IT Support Technician
Reports to the IT Systems Manager. Some of the typical duties are:
- Configure, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot computers, software, VoIP phones, mobile devices, and other common networked equipment; Network hardware, including routers, switches, wireless access points, and firewalls; and, physical and virtual servers
- Provision and de-provision users and provide help desk and IT support services to town employees and elected officials (participation in a 24x7 rotating on-call schedule is required).
- Transport computers, servers, and other IT equipment between town facilities.
- Maintain the security posture of the town's computer systems and networks.
- Respond to alerts generated by automated systems monitoring platforms.
- Develop scripts and leverage automation tools to streamline service delivery.
- · Identify ways to improve business processes and service delivery using technology and assist with the development and maintenance of IT-specific processes and policies, such as security framework, systems documentation, disaster recovery and business continuity, and equipment lifecycle management.
- Must remain current on the principal practices and new developments in assigned work areas.
- Performs other directly related duties consistent with the role and function of the classification.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited college or university in the following area (degree or major): Computer Engineering, General Computer Forensics; Computer Networking and Telecommunications; Computer Science; Database Management; Information Science.
· Must have 6 or more documented years of experience administering and supporting.: Windows desktop and server operating systems; Active Directory; Exchange Server; PowerShell; Multi-site routed network topologies
· Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
(This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: The required, General Application may be obtained online: https://www.bedfordnh.org/230/Employment-Opportunities.
Please attach in email to: Jobs@Bedfordnh.org OR, mail completed applications to:
Bedford Town Offices
Human Resources Department
24 North Amherst Road
Bedford, NH 03110
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 9, 2020 or until filled