IT Infrastructure Proposal
The Town of Barnstead is currently requesting proposals from qualified Information Technology (IT) firms to manage and maintain the Towns IT infrastructure. Submittals should address the firm’s ability to work within a medium sized municipal environment. All proposals are due in the Selectmen ‘s office clearly labeled “Technology Proposal”, on or before 12 noon Friday, November 1, 2019.
The firm deemed most qualified will enter into a three-year contract with the town, according to the specifications starting January 1, 2020.
For additional information or to arrange for a mandatory walk-through please contact via email Karen Montgomery at email@example.com
● Creation of user accounts
● Archiving of user accounts and associated data when appropriate
● Mail server administration (MS Exchange)
● Home directories created
● Shared departmental folders created
● All patches and updates to be applied within 45 days of vendor release
● Review all ancillary programs, including but not limited to firewall, back up/disaster recovery, antivirus programs, etc. for updates and confirm system maintenance checks are being performed
● Maintain privacy protection and safeguards (encryption, certificates, secure access, etc.).
● Email archiving (compliance with NH RSA 91-A:1-a).
● Database management (Space management and performance tuning).
● On site and remote support.
● Complete patch management.
● Maintain properly functioning configurations.
● Antivirus updates to be installed within 36 hours of release from vendor.
General consulting/IT services:
● Server, workstation, printer, network device consultation, configuration, and installation, software updates, network troubleshooting.
● On-site repairs and installation of printers, computers and other equipment as necessary.
● Suggestions and plans on general IT infrastructure improvements. The implementation of any such plans would be outside the scope of this contract.
● All hardware and software programs are to be reviewed and updated to protect the network server and workstations.
● Utilization of hardware, software, and services that check traffic, block restricted sites, and prevent cyber-attacks are to be reviewed and recommendations are to be made.
● Maintain secure VPN access for town employees, selectmen and head of committees both elected and appointed.
Backup and recovery:
● All service should be backed up with a secure backup method utilizing encryption.
● Disaster recovery testing of each server is required.
● Proper backup and recovery procedures must be documented.
● Desktops will not be backed up. A method to ensure that municipal data is stored on the town’s server’s is required.
● Quarterly verification of recovery procedures.
● Maintain up-to-date hardware and software inventory for all systems.
Monitoring and reporting:
● Monitoring of critical functions and utilization of file servers.
● Monitoring of networks for errors and utilization
● Monthly reports of all service calls.
● Monthly reports of keys server and network utilization (including internet).
● Monthly reports of all service activity, including response and resolution times.
● Document and report any changes.
● Review server and firewall logs monthly.
● Website traffic.
Professional information and qualifications:
Each interested firm shall submit the following information:● Name of Firm, address of principal place of business and all partners or firms’ officers and corresponding telephone and fax numbers.
Please note specifically which partners will be assigned to work with the Town of Barnstead.
Prior computer support services.
Examples of your record of success representing municipalities.
The firm’s ability to provide the services in a timely fashion: response time in hours: days of week available. Include: charges for express service or afterhours charges.
List all material charges, if any.
Three client references.
Certifications for network/IT engineer and field services engineer (MCSE,CCNE etc.)
Must be CJIS Certified and experienced in S.P.O.T.S & IMC
Proof of insurance. Number of employees.
The selection criteria used in awarding a contract or an agreement for professional services as described herein shall include
Qualifications of the individuals who will perform the tasks
- Experience and references
Ability to perform the task in a timely fashion.
Other factors, if demonstrated to be in the best interest of the town of Barnstead.
Bids should reflect combined and individual pricing (Town, Police Department and Fire Department).
Confidentiality of computer information and data is vital. The selected consultant and their employees will be required to sign and adhere to a confidentiality clause that information in the system must remain confidential under the penalty of law. The consultant agrees that the town may perform a criminal background investigation on any consultant employee who has access to the towns systems and the consultant will provide requested employee information when requested by the town.
RFP’S will be accepted via standard mail or may be dropped off at Town Hall.
All proposals must be sealed, and sealed envelope must be labeled “Technology Proposal”.
Submissions must be delivered no later than 12 noon, Friday November 1, 2019 to:
Town of Barnstead – Selectmen’s Office
108 South Barnstead Rd.
Center Barnstead, NH 03225