Come join our Waterworks team! We are looking to expand our existing internal Asset Management System capabilities and implement the System across all disciplines. If you think analytically, can problem solve and communicate effectively this may be the position for you. This position works closely with the finance and administration division.
General Statement of Duties
Performs micro-computer client/server network administration, installation and troubleshooting, phone administration and application development; performs directly related work as required.
Coordinates asset management software and systems.
Examples of Essential Work
- Provides technical advice, administration and maintenance of micro-computer networks, hardware and software applications;
- Installs and configures network servers and networked micro-computers and related peripherals;
- Diagnoses the cause of micro-computer network server/router operation problems;
- Provides technical advice and assistance to other department staff as appropriate;
- Administers and troubleshoots micro-computer networks, WANS and gateways, maintaining network operations and installing server patches and bios upgrades as appropriate;
- Performs administration and troubleshooting of telecommunications systems, including backing up other department technical staff and designing wiring for data and telephone systems;
- Assigns and maintains user security for City-wide mainframe applications;
- Develops recommendations for specialized micro-computer software and hardware, including performing system analysis, needs assessment, and analysis of system support issues;
- Analyzes micro-computer software application in assigned City departments;
- Performs software installation and setup procedures for network servers and pc’s;
- Performs network installation and configuration procedures;
- Administers micro-computer warranty and service repairs for assigned departments;
- Provides on-call service as scheduled;
- Performs component diagnosis and replacement;
- Performs project assignments, as required, including maintaining equipment repair records, phone records, long distance call records and the purchasing of supplies;
- Provides and develops needed information and demonstrations concerning how to perform certain work tasks to new employees in the same or similar class of positions; and more.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science; and
- Some directly relation information service experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Preferred Special Qualifications
- Experience with asset management systems
- Knowledgeable in managing, updating, and Troubleshooting daily IT issues
- Security administration familiarity
- Able to Coordinate Database Administration with City’s Information Systems Department
- SQL server experience preferred
- Some Integration of Database and ArcGIS Database experience