Highway Department Director
The Town of Nottingham is seeking a qualified leader to serve as its Highway Director.
The Director supervises all road, bridge and culvert maintenance, and snow removal operations.
In this position, with a small team in the Highway Department., the Director will be a hands-on leader. The successful candidate will work independently to supervise permanent and seasonal employees; manage contractors and vendors, vehicles, and equipment; and handle department budgeting and planning in conjunction with town officials. Storm and emergency response requires proximity to Nottingham, on-call availability, and a CDL license.
The selected candidate will show successful experience with:
- Hiring and supervising employees and contractors
- Directing road construction and maintenance
- Operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Working with the public and municipal government.
Of particular interest are examples of:
- Experience with snow removal operations
- Knowledge of engineering principles relative to public works projects
- Project management and budgeting skill
- Education and training related to roads, bridges, workplace safety, environmental protection, and/or GIS.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive municipal benefits package.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to:
Ellen White, Town Administrator
PO Box 114
Nottingham, NH 03290
Position will be open until filled.
The Town of Nottingham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.