HealthTrust seeks an experienced, detail oriented and enthusiastic General Counsel to effectively provide vision and leadership in managing all general internal legal issues, including corporate governance and compliance, contract negotiations, and personnel issues. Additionally, the position will oversee legal issues related to risk pool operations, real estate, HealthTrust staffing and employment, and provide advice and counsel to the Board of Directors and Executive Director. Some core responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Manages all general internal legal issues, including corporate governance and compliance, taxation, and contract negotiations.
- Oversees HealthTrust’s legal issues related to risk pool operations, real estate, the defined benefit pension plan, staffing and employment, and provides advice and counsel to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Oversees organizational governance, attends board meetings, and committee meetings, as appropriate. Reviews meeting minutes. Advises on procedural issues, Right to Know issues, and substantive legal and administrative issues.
- Responsible for oversight of all litigation activities involving HealthTrust.
- Supervises and works with HealthTrust’s Benefit and Coverage Counsel – who is primarily responsible for compliance with all applicable health and other employee benefit laws and regulations.
- Oversees all internal risk management functions to ensure that the organization has the proper risk management controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization to ensure financial strength and operational efficiency.
- Serves as trusted member of HealthTrust’s Leadership Team. Participates in HealthTrust leadership and management activities, including participation in Leadership Team meetings, and strategic planning for the entire organization.
- Provides leadership and management to the Human Resources Team, Legal Team and Risk & Control/ HIPAA Privacy & Security Officer.
- Coordinates and oversees the development, implementation and enhancement, of the organizations policies and procedures including personnel policies, HIPAA privacy requirements and other legal compliance issues.
- Assists the CFO in the drafting of the annual audited financial statements and prepares legal contingency reports to auditor for such statements.
- Drafts, negotiates, and interprets contracts across the wide array of substantive areas related to HealthTrust operations, including third-party administrative services, Membership in HealthTrust, PBM services, IT services, benefit offerings, and other vendor services.
An ideal candidate has:
- Proven ability to independently lead and execute all facets of challenging engagements with highest integrity and ethics from preliminary/conceptual advice, through structuring, negotiating, drafting, and any subsequent conflict resolution.
- A track record of innovation. The design and delivery of legal strategies and solutions to support ever evolving objectives. A history of developing creative and compliant solutions to resolve complicated organizational challenges. Conduct or coordinate research into legal questions and issues that are brought up by the organization as we seek to solve problems in new ways.
- Exceptional prioritization skills. Effectively and appropriately switch gears without sacrificing quality of work,
- Strong Emotional Intelligence. Able to influence, inspire and work well with individuals at all levels and backgrounds.
- Exemplary research skills regarding a wide variety of topic items related to Risk Pool operations.
- A Juris Doctor degree from an accredited institution, superior academic credentials, and a license to practice law in New Hampshire.
- Experience of at least 12 years in general business or corporate administration, with a demonstrated ability to manage complex transactions or projects.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and applying your legal expertise in an organization that truly values exceptional service, this could be your next ideal role. In addition to competitive salaries, HealthTrust provides a family-friendly work environment and offers excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; a defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation plan; flexible spending accounts; an on-site fitness center; and remote work capabilities.
This position is classified as exempt. To apply, email a résumé with cover letter to email@example.com
HealthTrust welcomes talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly related to our people and as an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse environment where we all work toward our common goal of health promotion and disease prevention.