Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician
The Town of Barrington is accepting applications to fill a full-time position as a Firefighter/EMT. Position will work rotating 48 hour shifts.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to, response to fire & emergency medical emergencies, inspection and maintenance of department vehicles and equipment, fire prevention activities and inspections. Barrington responds to about 1200 calls for assistance per year.
Minimum qualifications required:
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current CPAT Certification or lateral transfer of full-time career personnel pursuant to NH Admin rule 703.01 upon appointment
- Valid Motor Vehicle Driver's License, CDL required within 6 months of hire
- National Registered, and NH Licensed Emergency Medical Technician
- Pro-board certified Firefighter I certification. FFII preferred. FFII within 1 year of hire
- Pass a pre-employment criminal and driving background check
- Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug and alcohol screening.
Salary & Benefits:
- Current salary range is $42,400 - $49,500 depending on certifications and experience
- The Town of Barrington has a very generous benefits package
- Weekend shift differential
- Signing Bonus to the successful hire
Submit cover letter, resume and town employment application
Mail to: Barrington Fire & Rescue, Attn. Chief Rick Walker, PO Box 660, Barrington NH 03825
Hand deliver to: Barrington Fire & Rescue, Attn: Chief Rick Walker, 774 Franklin Pierce Hwy, Barrington NH
For more information contact Chief Rick Walker at (603) 396-4469
Position open until filled
Town of Barrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer