Equipment Operator III-Wastewater
The Town of Merrimack NH is seeking a full time (Sunday through Thursday) Equipment Operator III-Wastewater for its Public Works Department. For complete details and to apply, visit our website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/merrimacknh.
Skilled operation of heavy equipment used in municipal compost and sewer maintenance activities involving working alone or with minimal supervision. Provides leadership when assigned to the Sewer Vac Truck and assisted by Highway Division personnel.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of a superior who assigns specific work to be performed; work is carried out with considerable independence and judgment to reach desired result; work may be reviewed through observation, conferences and results obtained
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
Examples of Duties: Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties which may be found in positions of this class. This job description in intended to be indicative and not specific
1. Operates, as a regular assignment, front end loaders, skid steer loaders, and sewer vac truck without any direct supervision.
2. Operates special heavy equipment at the compost facility which requires good troubleshooting skills to keep the equipment operating smoothly.
3. Services and does preventative maintenance on three compost agitators, six ventilation blowers, and seventy five compost aeration blowers; makes minor field adjustments and assists maintenance crew in major repairs.
4. Performs related work as required including unskilled and semi-skilled laboring duties.
5. Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Through knowledge of and skill in the operation, maintenance, and use of heavy motor equipment including the operation of specialized composting and sewer maintenance equipment; considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards involved and the safety precautions necessary to safely operate heavy motor equipment; ability to recognize and report abnormal operating function of equipment; ability to perform strenuous physical work; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public; ability to provide job related work guidance to other employees.
Minimum Qualifications: HS Diploma or GED Ability to operate and maintain heavy motor equipment and specialized composting and sewer maintenance equipment. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills. OR any equivalent education and experience that demonstrated the possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Three years experience in the operation of heavy duty equipment; possession of a valid CDL-B license with Air-Brakes and Tank endorsements.