Deputy Chief of Fire Prevention
The City of Laconia Fire Department is currently accepting applications for Deputy Chief of Fire Prevention.
Salary Range: $62,116.08 -$87,877.92
Performs highly responsible administrative and supervisory work assisting the Fire Chief in planning, organizing, and directing fire prevention and investigation activities and administrative support for the fire department.
Examples of Duties:
Conducts required plan reviews and inspections to ensure compliance with applicable Codes, standards, and regulations.
· Conducts and coordinates fire investigation activities for the fire department.
· Provides public education programs related to fire prevention.
· Responds to complaints regarding fire prevention or as directed by the Fire Chief.
· Assists the Training Division as requested.
· Responds to emergencies or multiple alarms as needed; assumes appropriate Command Staff position as directed by the Fire Chief or Assistant Fire Chief.
· Participates in departmental policy making with the Fire Chief; develops and implements procedures. Prepares and presents reports of all fire prevention division activities, new equipment, methods, and procedures to the Fire Chief for evaluation.
· Evaluates performance, disciplines (subject to approval of the Fire Chief) and participates in selection of personnel assigned to the fire department.
Baccalaureate degree in Fire Engineering, Business Management or Public Administration; plus, five years’ experience in an organized fire department, three of which were in a supervisory capacity; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the job’s required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must be NH Retirement System (Group II) eligible.
Must be Pro Board Fire Inspector I and II based on NFPA 1031 and Fire Investigator based on NFPA 1033, OR equivalent.
Other desirable qualifications are Nationally Registered EMT-B or higher. ICS 300 and 400.
Any related work or educational experience will be considered.
Position description and a City application form are available in the Finance Office, on our website at www.laconianh.gov/Jobs.aspx,
A City application form is required and will be accepted with resumes until 4:30 p.m. on July 5, 2022 at Laconia City Hall, Finance Office, Attn: Employment, 45 Beacon Street East, Laconia, NH 03246, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.