Community Development Assistant
Reporting to the Community Development Director for daily activities - Candidate must be a team player who can also work independently, be self-motivated, organized, have excellent interpersonal communication, and customer service skills.
Must have the ability to problem-solve, engage in several projects simultaneously, and “react as it happens” to a variety of daily situations.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity. The knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the position:
• Knowledge of modern office and procedures. Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications such as Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to operate general office equipment such as a computer, facsimile machine, calculator, copier, and printer/scanner.
• Strong organizational and planning skills, accurately proofreading documents, and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
• Knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic.
• Understanding and knowledge of administrative procedures and general municipal operations. Skill in secretarial and clerical functions, including taking minutes, records management, public and interpersonal relations, effectively communicating both verbally and in writing.
• County, state, and federal laws, statutes, ordinances related to community development.
• Principles and practices of current planning program development and service delivery.
• Land use, physical design, demographic, environmental, and socioeconomic concepts as applied to the planning process.
• Principles and practices of building and code functions.
• Principles and practices of emergency management, public safety, and emergency response.
• Standard office practices and procedures, including records management.
• Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
• Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
• Personal organization and the ability to take on new and emerging technologies in a busy office atmosphere.
• Experience in municipal departments such as; Land-use, Planning, Historic District Commissions, Zoning, and Building is preferable
This is a Full-Time, non-exempt position with excellent benefits and pay commensurate with experience. Some evening hours are required.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a Town job application to:
Heather Carpenter-Town Administrator,
Town of Gilmanton
503 Province Road
Gilmanton, NH 03237
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will be accepted until Monday, January 31st, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Town job application form can be found at:https://www.gilmantonnh.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif4451/f/uploads/employment_application.pdf