The Town of Amherst is seeking Requests for Proposals for a build out analysis to be conducted in conjunction with the ongoing Master Plan update.
Amherst is located in Hillsborough County. The 2018 Census estimate for Amherst was 11,329 residents, which ranked 27th among New Hampshire's incorporated cities and towns. According to the US Census Bureau in 2018 there were 333.9 persons per square mile of land area. Amherst contains 33.9 square miles of land area and 0.5 square miles of inland water area. The Town includes many varied land uses over its large geographical area, including low density, forested areas to the north, a well preserved town center and well-known Historic District, and considerable commercial development to the south and west along Route 101A.
Build Out Analysis
The Town is currently working on a theme-based Master Plan and as an adjunct is interested in having a build out analysis performed to depict potential future land use scenarios.
Scope of Services
The consultant will work directly with the Master Plan Steering Committee, Master Plan Consultant, and Office of Community Development. The scope of services includes, but is not limited to:
• Preparation of a base scenario.
• Preparation of alternative scenarios to depict potential future land uses.
• Final report and presentation.
• In the performance of the services requested, the consultant shall not be considered an employee of the Town of Amherst, but shall be an independent contractor or employee of the company/organization submitting the proposal. The consultant shall perform the services on behalf of the Town and will serve as the Town's agent.
• The consultant shall provide a summary of the firm's current insurance coverage for comprehensive, general liability, professional liability, automotive liability and workers'
compensation insurance. Indicate the limits of coverage on each policy.
• The issuance of this RFP is not a guarantee that the Town of Amherst will select any of the applicants that submit a proposal. The Town reserves the right to withdraw this RFP or to reject all proposals received in response to it. The Town reserves the right to waive any non-material irregularities or information in any RFP.
• The Town of Amherst assumes no responsibility or liability for costs incurred by recipients of this RFP in responding to it or in responding to any subsequent information requests.
The consultant shall provide the following information for consideration:
• A letter of interest, signed by an individual authorized to bind the offer.
• Statement of qualifications and proposal for consulting services, to include the experience of each company staff person expected to work with the Town, any additional consultants and subcontractors, company history and outline of capabilities, including previous work for municipalities.
• Samples of previous build out analyses, including links to websites if available.
• Copies of all applicable certificates of insurance.
• A cost proposal for the project, including any reimbursable expenses.
• All proposals must be received at the Amherst Town Hall no later than June 30, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. Questions shall be directed to Nic Strong, Community Development Director.
• Three copies of proposal and one electronic PDF copy clearly marked "Master Plan Consulting Services Proposal" to:
Town of Amherst
"Master Plan Consulting Services Proposals"
2 Main Street
Amherst, NH, 03031
Proposal review, evaluation and selection process
• Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated following the submission deadline using a quality based evaluation process.
• The Town will select a consultant based upon the submission items listed above, interviews, and any other information deemed pertinent by the Town.
• The Town may select one or more consultants for interviews. The submission of a response does not guarantee an interview.
• The Town will negotiate contract terms upon selection. All contracts are subject to review by Town Counsel and approval by the Board of Selectmen.
• Opt-Out Provision: The Town of Amherst may terminate this contract at any time for any reason by giving at least thirty (30) days' notice in writing to the consultant. If the contract is terminated by the Town of Amherst, as provided herein, the consultant will be paid a fair payment as negotiated with the Town of Amherst for the work completed and materials supplied as of the date of termination.