Associate Transportation Planner
SUMMARY of POSITION
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the position will assist in a variety of transportation planning tasks support of elements of North Country Council’s transportation work program. The Associate Transportation Planner will primarily support the Council’s Transportation Work Program through assisting in the coordination of programs through communications, information gathering, research, report preparation, and written and personal communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the Associate Transportation Planner work will vary with the specific responsibilities of the transportation program in which the individual is working in. Generally, the Associate Planner will:
- Completing various transportation projects resulting in short and long range transportation studies.
- Assist with GIS analysis, transportation project analysis, transportation project prioritization, sub-area studies, and planning activities to meet federal requirements.
- Conduct planning studies for roadway, transit, bicycle, pedestrian, and freight investments.
- Research, collect, and analyze data.
- Prepare informational materials, presentations, and reports.
- Participate in public outreach and agency coordination activities.
- Prepare for and attend staff and policy board meetings and meetings with staff from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Work directly with municipalities to develop transportation planning projects, project development, project review, cost estimates and submittal.
- Develop and implement reliable technical tools.
- Support various committees, public outreach, and events including developing marketing and educational outreach materials
- Maintain appropriate records of work in a form that can be readily accessed;
- Correspond with various parties on behalf of North Country Council with respect to work assignments;
- Collaboratively work with staff and clients under direction;
- Keep abreast of new data, sources, methods and techniques;
- Respond to specific inquiries and complete specified tasks within an approved time frame and complete larger projects on time and within the project budget;
- Meet intermediate and final deadlines and ensure products are delivered to other staff in a timely way to permit them to meet their deadlines;
- Familiarity with available sources of demographic, economic, fiscal, social and environmental data.
- Ability to effectively present information clearly in tabular, graphic and written formats.
- Ability to present information to varied audiences in graphic and electronic media and in oral presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of transportation planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, landscape architecture, geography, sociology, economics or other field relevant to particular duties.
- Knowledge of word processing, spread sheet and database software products.
- Proficient with Arcview/ArcGIS
- Demonstrated ability to present information clearly and effectively in written and graphic formats.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Reports directly to the Executive Director. Works with the lead Transportation Planner and all staff to ensure successful project planning.
Salary based on qualifications. Benefits including health, life, optical, retirement, and disability insurance are available for qualified candidates.
Email cover letter, resume and references to Michelle Moren-Grey Executive Director at email@example.com.