Assistant Public Works Director
The Town of Amherst, NH, seeks to hire an experienced professional for the position of Assistant Public Works Director. This is a highly responsible position managing all functions of the department.
General Summary: This is a highly responsible position that performs administrative work and provides management assistance to the Public Works Director. This position is responsible for all divisions and functions of the Public Works Department in the absence of the Director.
A full job description can be found on the Town website under Human Resources, Employment Opportunities. The Town Employment application is also found there.
• Ability to work professionally with persons representing a diverse range of viewpoints and disciplines.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Graduation from a college or university with study in civil engineering or related field; Valid NH CDL-B Driver’s License; Certified Wastewater Operator or ability to obtain licensure; NH Licensed professional engineer desired; LPA Certificate desired
• Municipal public works or related engineering operations, with at least two years of supervisory and administrative experience OR any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation: This key role is a full-time salaried position, Labor Grade 18 with a salary range of $79,164 - $84,011, depending on qualifications. The Town of Amherst offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a 457(b) retirement plan with a 5.5% Town match along with excellent health, dental and Town-provided Life/Disability insurance benefits.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and Town Employment application to: Town of Amherst, Attn: Jennifer Stover, 2 Main Street, Amherst, NH 03031 or by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interviews will begin when qualified applications are received.
The Town of Amherst is an Equal Opportunity Employer