The Town of Henniker has an immediate opening for a qualified candidate for a newly created full-time position of Assessing Technician. The candidate is responsible for complex duties in the preparation and maintenance of assessing records. Working as a team, you will ensure compliance with all local policies and procedures, laws, and regulations. You will provide clerical support to the Assessor, including processing exemptions, abatements, deed changes, intent to cut applications, data entry into the assessing database.
• Perform clerical, administrative work, including answering the phone, answering e-mails, customer service for heavy office flow. Observes strict confidentiality in maintain files and records
• Provides information to the public regarding all available tax exemptions and abatement programs, including those for veterans, elderly, handicapped, manufacturers, and low income residents. Assists the public in completing applications
• Prepares assessment cards/maps for Assessor for annual pick-ups; works closely with Assessor on updating information; prepares new cards including sketches; maintains separate assessing cards on exempt properties.
• Records monthly deed transfers; makes appropriate address changes in two computer systems on index cards; updates spreadsheets with sales information for Assessor; updates files of new owners; maintain sales and warrant books for public use; generates several monthly reports from updated information; files deeds.
• Responsible for the entire process of current use assessments from initial application to yearly reviews; reviews current use application for Board of Selectmen approval; prepares Land Use Change Tax forms for tax collector from directions of Assessor; maintains current use records by making changes in assessments when values change; work closely with landowners to be sure all information is correct and up to date. • Makes semi-annual adjustments in water and sewer billing. Prepare information for the warrant and complete the billing process.
• Acts as the E911 liaison by processing new address assignments based on driveway permits. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; working knowledge of State laws and regulations governing taxes, exemptions, and assessments on real property. Knowledge of assessment practices, maps, deeds, and laws. Good communication skills are required, plus the ability to work well with others and serve the public; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities. SALARY AND
• This position offers a salary of $33,425 - $38,979, plus a comprehensive benefits program, including health, dental and life insurances, paid time off, NH Retirement, and more!
• An environment where you can grow, be challenged, and learn from interesting and talented colleagues!
• The opportunity to make a difference in our community.
TO APPLY: The required application and full job description may be obtained online at:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, a Town employment application.
Completed applications and cover letters may be submitted to: Henniker Town Office – Personnel 18 Depot Hill Road Henniker, NH 03242
Or by e-mail to email@example.com
Visit: https://www.henniker.org/site-home/pages/employment-opportunities for a complete job description.
The Town of Henniker an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10/29/2021 (or until filled)
(This job specification should not be construed to imply that these duties are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions and perform other related duties, as needed.)