Animal Control Officer
We are now accepting applications for an Animal Control Officer to serve the City of Keene! Applicants should be able to empathize with animals, communicate effectively with the public and have some experience with domestic animals and wildlife!
This position offers a flexible schedule of 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with the possibility of working on a weekend. The competitive pay range is $23.84- $29.70 per hour. The City of Keene also offers part-time regular employees the following benefits: earned time, voluntary life insurance, a retirement plan and employee discounts!
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Patrol the community to detect and enforce violations of animal control laws.
· Transport animals to agencies, shelters, or veterinarians while you attempt to locate the owner, or when the animal needs to be impounded or investigated for diseases, such as rabies.
· Investigates alleged animal abuse, violations of City ordinances or State statures related to animal care/behavior, or reports of injured, stray, sick or dangerous animals.
· Take possession of animals that show signs or neglect, inhumane treatment, disease or malnutrition.
· May staff vacant school crossing posts, assist with traffic control operations, and help with community events when required!
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or GED, plus two years of experience handling domestic animals, animal care or law enforcement; or equivalent combination of both education and experience. Valid driver’s license and ability to become NACA certified in Animal Control are both required. Also required is the ability to become certified on any and all department-issued weapons and equipment necessary to capture and/or euthanize animals, according to established protocol.
*Note: This position will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., occasionally 100 lbs., and will involve working in high or precarious places, in outdoor weather conditions and near to moving road traffic.
APPLY TODAY! Please complete an online application and upload a cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, August 23rd. To apply: https://keenenh.gov/jobs.
Job Description: Animal Control Officer
The City of Keene is an Equal Opportunity Employer.