The City of Lebanon is currently accepting applications for a full-time, 40 hours per week, Administrative Assistant for the Lebanon Municipal Airport. This is a Grade 8, non-affiliated position. The hourly rate of pay is $25.97 to $35.06 and is enhanced by a comprehensive, flexible spending benefits package that includes, health and city paid dental insurance, paid vacation, sick, parental leave and personal days; short- and long-term disability; life insurance and New Hampshire Retirement System enrollment and benefits!
This position is responsible for providing highly responsible financial, administrative, and secretarial services to the Airport Manager. The Administrative Assistant provides a wide range of administrative support for the Airport and interacts with the public in a variety of capacities. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. General secretarial and administrative duties, including answering telephones; preparing correspondence; preparing, compiling, and finalizing reports; filing; copying; scanning; and processing mail.
2. Serve as initial point of contact for visitors, telephone calls and emails regarding Airport operations and services. Refer questions to Airport Manager or other staff as needed.
3. Respond to routine inquiries concerning parking, car rentals, commercial air service, flight schedules, general aviation, and weather condition. Investigate aircraft inquiries and noise complaints and provide initial response.
4. Assist with maintaining and organizing airport records.
5. Bookkeeping, including data entry and reports; assist in budget preparation and monitoring as required.
6. Process and issue taxi permits, access cards and collect fees; maintain taxi company files; and maintain access card database.
7. Schedule meetings; make travel and conference arrangements as requested.
8. Coordinate special events such as Airport Open House, Home Show, etc.
9. Attend meetings as requested for the purpose of taking notes and preparing minutes.
10. Research and compile information, as directed.
11. Manage Airport timecard system; prepare payroll and obtain signoff from Airport Manager.
12. Coordinate processing of tenant lease and other payments.
13. Assist with updating Airport website and preparing material for City newsletter.
14. Procure and maintain supplies.
15. Prepare and process invoices of various types.
16. Assist in hiring process, including preparing advertisements, processing applications and scheduling interviews,
17. Prepare and coordinate grant reimbursements under the direction of the Airport Manager.
18. Assist with the Airport’s security program and facilities as required.
19. Act as a liaison to other City Departments and other groups as requested by Airport Manager.
20. Attend meetings, seminars and trainings as required.
21. Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates, or as may be assigned by the Airport Manager.
- High school diploma required; Associate degree preferred.
- A minimum of two to three years in a responsible secretarial or administrative position; accounting and/or financial background required; proven computer experience, and experience dealing with the public in the municipal sector preferred.
Other combinations of education and experience that qualify an individual to perform the requisite job duties and responsibilities may be considered.
To apply, visit the City’s “Career Portal” application system at www.LebanonNH.gov/Jobs to create an account and apply on-line by the deadline date of August 19, 2022.
The City of Lebanon is an equal opportunity employer.