1 Ton Dump Truck
The Town of Alton is accepting bids for the purchase of a 2021, 4x4, 1 Ton Dump Truck, Regular Cab with plow.
This vehicle will be used for municipal snow plowing and general work year round.
The minimum bid specifications for this truck are as follows:
Pages 2,3 Bid Specifications
Page 4 Terms
Bid Specifications: 2021, 4x4, 1 Ton Dump Truck, Regular Series Cab
AM-FM Radio Bluetooth
Bench Seat with Console
Outside temperature monitor
Up Fitter Switches- Minimum Four (4)
Heavy Duty Snow Plow Prep
Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
FUEL CAPACITY: 30 gallons or greater
TRANSMISSION: Automatic with Heavy Duty Cooler
ELECTRICAL: Two (2) Batteries 850 CCA or Better
180 AMP Alternator or Better
EXTERIOR: Blue, Silver or Dark Green
INTERIOR: Gray, black or tan
Vinyl floor covering
DUMP BODY: Tarp System
Pintle Plate with D Ring’s
OPTIONS: Under Body Tool Boxes- two (2)
Plastic Inner Fenders- two (2)
All Parts and Repair Manual
List of all Warranty Options and Prices
Plow is to be a Fisher 9’ Stainless HDX
Pre- Bid meeting is required to go over specifications. Please call Warren Dahl at 603-875-6808 to schedule an appointment.
1. Bids must describe any and all features, which deviate from the minimum specifications.
2. Bids should describe accessory features, options and prices for non-specified items that are included. Bids may also include price quotes for recommended optional features that are not specified.
3. The successful bidder will be required to furnish an Owner’s/Service Manual and complete Maintenance and Service Schedules.
4. Bids must include all manufacturer’s warranty descriptions and limitations. Include any extended warranty options.
5. Bids must include a specified date of delivery to the Town of Alton.
6. Bids shall be delivered in a sealed envelope clearly marked “2021 1 Ton Dump Truck- Town of Alton”.
Bids must be received at the Alton Town Hall-Board of Selectmen’s Office by 3:00pm on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at which time they shall be publicly opened. Faxed bids will not be accepted.
7. Bids must be signed by the duly authorized person and shall be considered binding for thirty days.
8. The Alton Board of Selectmen reserve the right to accept or reject any bid for any reason whatsoever in the best interest of the Town. In the event that more than one lowest bid is deemed comparable, the Town reserves the right to renegotiate and or request additional information with selected vendors. The Town reserves the right to consider such factors as service quality, parts availability, equipment reputation and other items in addition to price.
9. Any questions about the specifications should be directed to the Alton Highway Department mechanic at 875-6808 or the Alton Parks and Recreation Department at 875-0109.
10.Bids must include at least three names and telephone numbers for references of commercial customers (preferably municipalities) who have purchased similar equipment.
11.Payment by the Town shall be as follows: 50% upon delivery 50% within thirty days following delivery